Fresh or frozen green beans are a rich source of vitamins A, C, and K, and of folic acid and fiber. To shorten the time of cooking from 50 min to 20 min use a pressure cooker.
Ready in: 30 minutes
Portion: for 4
1 kg (2.2 lb.) green beans (fresh or frozen)
2 onions (finely chopped)
2 carrots (sliced or cut in small cubes)
4 medium potatoes (quartered)
1 can tomato sauce
1/2 cup glass boiled water
1/2 cup parsley (finely chopped)
3/4 cup olive oil
How to do it
1. Place the olive oil in a pot over high heat.
2. Add the onions and sauté lightly for 1-2 min until golden.
3. Add the carrots and the green beans. Stir and sauté for 1 min.
4. Add the potatoes and pour the tomato sauce.
5. Stir and add as much water as needed to cover them and slightly more.
6. Add salt and pepper, parsley and dill.
7. Lower heat and simmer for 50 minutes. If you use a pressure cooker, add less water (until the green beans are slightly covered) and simmer for 20 minutes.
You serve it with feta cheese (crumbled).